Friday 14 December 2007

Bubbles or froth?

An interesting post from Inside Online Video drew my attention to one of YouTube's lastest tinkerings. They've been playing with a few things over the last couple of days. I don't like the new 'my account' page. It adds another click to finding your video comments. As this is something I do regularly I'm already noticing just how much a simple navigation change can annoy me!

But this post is about the bubbles! Yes, YouTube have launched some strange - read gimmicky - navigation that's supposed to make finding linked videos easier. I messaged Peri Urban about this. I liked his thoughts on it, so here they are.




Peri also has a music channel on YouTube and a blog.

1 comment:

-dan'l said...

Matt, I quickly abandoned the Bubbles. Without tuning options, they aren't useful, because the expand so quickly, you soon lose context. There needs to be a convenient way to collapse the bubbles again to return to the original cluster.

Without that ability, I quickly get mired in a swarm of bubbles that have NOTHING to do with what I was looking for.

I count it a failure for now...